Athens Technical College Student Advisory Council
Walton County Campus
The Athens Technical College Student Advisory Council(ATSAC) is a group of students enrolled on the ATC Walton County Campus who are elected to represent the entire student body to the administration and other entities. The purpose of ATSAC is to:
- provide the student body with a formal vehicle for communication with the administration, faculty, and staff of Athens Technical College’s Walton County Campus
- provide student representatives with the opportunity to serve in leadership roles;
- encourage the opportunity for student involvement in institutional and community improvement projects.
The functions of ATSAC are:
- facilitation of effective communication between the student body and Athens Technical College administration, faculty, and staff;
- participation in approved institutional improvement projects;
- assistance with selected ceremonies and activities sponsored by Athens Technical College;
- representation of the student body in certain public relations activities and recruitment of new students;
- representation of Athens Technical College in selected and approved community projects;
- approving expenditures of student activities funds;
- approving budget requests from student organizations.
As outlined above, one of the primary functions of ATSAC is the management of student activities funds, generated by the assessment of the student activities fee each term. Student organizations are eligible for these funds, as outlined in the Student Organization Handbook. Other requests for funding can be made by contacting the Office of Student Activities and completing the "Special ATSAC Funding Request" form and following the procedures outlined within that document.Contact Information:
Marjorie Heimer, Student Services Coordinator
Tracey Townsend,Financial Aid Counselor
|Recording Secretary:||Pamela Haynes|
If you would like to join ATSAC or would like more information on our student organizations on the Walton County Campus, please call (706) 552-0909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.