The Academic Advising Center is a part of the Office of Registration & Records and is responsible for assisting students in various aspects of program, career, and course selection. Academic Advisors work with students to determine the best educational plan on an individual basis. Typically students' academic advisors are a part of the faculty from their program of study. The College also offers special academic advising services from a staff of four academic advisors in the Academic Advising Center. These advisors assist students with/by:
- Advising students who are attempting to gain entry into competitive health programs. (See Programs of Study)
- Deciding on an initial program of study as they enter the College or determine a new program of study for students unsure of their career path. (See Pick a Major)
- Understanding program or course requirements. (See ATC College Catalog)
- Providing registration overrides in the Banner system, when appropriate, for students having difficulty registering for courses. (See BannerWeb Help)
- Calculating students' current or potential grade point average. (See GPA Calculation)
- Making decisions about the possibility of transferring to other institutions of higher education.