All courses taught at Athens Technical College use Blackboard as our digital Learning Management System. Depending on the course type, some classes will utilize Blackboard more than others. All courses post grades in Blackboard, regardless of class type. The types of classes offered are On Campus, Blended, Online Synchronous, and Online Asynchronous.
Students who take blended and online courses must have consistent access to a computer and reliable internet access. There are specific computer software, Internet browser, and hardware requirements associated with distance education at Athens Technical College.
Distance Education Requirements
- You must have daily access to a computer to take an distance education courses at Athens Technical College.
- The computer’s operating system must be supported by the manufacturer and all security updates installed.
- Reliable access to the internet
- Google Chrome or Firefox internet browser (Do not use AOL’s web browser to access online courses)
- Microsoft Office applications (available to all students through Office 365)
- Course specific software NOTE: Some courses require specific software that is not required by all courses. You are responsible for obtaining and installing any supplemental software required for your course. Contact your instructor for specific requirements.
- Some courses use books that require an Access Key. This Access Key is ONLY available with new books It is your responsibility to check with the instructor of your online course to determine if the course will require an Access Key. Please do this before you purchase your books. If you have any questions regarding Distance Education at Athens Technical College, please contact our office by submitting a Support Request.