Academic Program Information Sessions
Dental Assisting Program
Applicants must attend a mandatory Dental assisting Information session in the application period which admission is sought. Applicants who have attended an information session during a previous application period must attend another information session. Documentation of attendance at an information session is maintained in the Dental Assisting program office. /p>Dental Assisting applicant information sessions for the Summer 2020 selection process will be held on the following dates:
- Monday, November 18th at 3:30 pm in room A119 W
- Friday, November 22nd at 12:00 pm in room A119 W
- Monday, January 27th at 4:00 pm in room A119 W
- Friday January 24th at 12:00 pm in room A119 W
Contact: Beck McKay Dental Services Receptionist at 706-583-2813, or email@example.com
Emergency Medical Services
The Emergency Medical Services Programs, to include Emergency Medical Technican (EMT), Advanced EMT, and Paramedicine, will hold information sessions for anyone interested in these pre-hospital professions. These sessions will last about an hour and will offer information that includes; what EMS does, the differences in the levels and the pathways to each, and how to apply and register for these programs.
Please feel free to attend a session at any of the following dates and times:
- February 24, 2020 at 1:00pm in Room A 129
- March 17, 2020 at 11:00am in Room A 129
- April 16, 2020 at 11:00am in Room A 129
- May 21, 2020 at 2:00pm in Room A 129
- June 9, 2020 at 4:00pm in Room A 129
These session are for students applying for admission to one of these programs for Fall Semester 2020. Attendance at 1 (one) of these sessions is mandatory for admission to any EMS program. A sign-in roster will document attendance.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Health Information Management Technology Program
Information sessions focused on the Health Information Management Technology program for prospective students are offered on the Athens Campus from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. in room 2211 in Building B on the following dates for Springl semester 2016:TBA
Contact: Joyce Waters Health Information Management Technology Program Chair; (706)355-5090
Information sessions focused on the associate degree program in Nursing are offered on the Athens Campus from 1:30 p.m. until 2:30 p.m. in the A building, Room A129 on the following dates:TBA
Contact: Diane Hodson(706)583-2543
Physical Therapist Assistant Program
Thank you for your interest in the Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Athens Tech. Applicant seminars for the PTA program for fall 2020 admission will be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday, January 28 at 11:00 am in Rm A-238
- Monday, February 3 at 11:00 am in Rm A-238
- Thursday, February 20 at 1:30 pm in Rm A-238
- Monday, March 16 at 9:00 am in Rm A-238
- Friday, April 17 at 9:00 am in Rm A-227
- Monday, May 11 at 3:00 pm in Rm A-227
- Monday, May 18 at 3:30 pm in Rm A-227
This session is intended for students applying for admission for the fall of 2020. Please make sure to read through the PTA program materials online before attending the applicant seminar. Because attendance is required for consideration in the competitive selection process, late entry will not be allowed. Forms used to verify attendance will be provided at the beginning of the session. Photo ID will be used to verify the identity of the applicant. Reservations are not required for attendance.
Please check this page again before traveling to attend the session as dates, times, and locations can change because of other required campus or program activities.Contact: email@example.com
Mandatory Information Sessions focused on the associate degree program in Radiography are offered on the Athens Campus :
- Thursday, April 9, 2020 2:00pm - 3:00pm and 5:00pm - 6:00pm Location: A250
- Friday, May 29, 2020 2:00pm - 3:00pm and 5:00pm - 6:00pm Location: A139
***All Applicants Must Present A Government-Issued Driver's License at the Orientation Session Attended***
Contact: Stuart Frew (706) 355-5052
Veterinary Technology Program
Information sessions are intended for prospective students applying for admission into the VT Program. Applicants must attend one information session in the same year in which admission is being sought for Fall. Applicants who have attended an information session during a previous application year must attend another information session. Attendance will be documented at each session.
Veterinary Technology Program information sessions will be held on the Athens Campus. Please read the Veterinary Technology Program materials online before attending an information session.
Information Sessions for Fall 2020 Applicants:
- January 15 at 9 AM – Building F, Library Room F-106
- February 13 at 2 PM – Building F, Library Room F-106
- February 18 at 5 PM – Building F, Library Room F-106
- March 12 at 2 PM – Building F, Library Room F-106
- April 8 at 9 AM – Building F, Library Room F-106
Please check this page again before traveling to attend a session, as the dates, times, and locations may change due to other required campus activities.