CORE Nurse Aide Program (CNA)* WIOA Program
Program & Clinical Requirements
- Must present two forms of identification; one must be a valid Social Security Card and a Government issued picture ID.
- Applicants will be tested at the 7th grade Math/Reading skill level. Must have proof of High School Graduation or GED will be required along with TABE results.
- Once you have been admitted to the CNA program you will be instructed on how to complete the TB Test. DONï¿½T COMPLETE THE TB TEST UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO BY THE ATHENS TECHNICAL COLLEGE STAFF. Please note that the cost of the TB Testing and any other medical expenses are the responsibility of the student.
- The Hepatitis B immunization is preferred, but if you choose to not have it done you must sign the attached waiver and submit it with the application. Any costs associated with the Hepatitis immunization is the responsibility of the student.
- Applications will be kept on file for one year as of their submission date. We will then contact students to update them on the program and inquire if they are still interested.
- A background check and drug screen are required per the state regulations. Please be aware that you must pass a background screening and drug test before and /or during working in any long term care facility, prior to being placed at your clinical site. NOTE: do not request a background screening at this time. Instructions on how to apply for the background and drug screen will be provided to you at Orientation.
- Please note that 100% attendance is required to complete the program.
- After the class, lab, and clinical you are required to attend and successfully complete Mock Skills Week in preparation for the State Competency Exam. After this phase is completed, students will receive a class certificate.
- The cost of the program is $2,600 ï¿½ financial assistance is available through WIOA for those who qualify. Please give us a call for more information.
Submit Completed Application Package To:
800 U.S. Hwy. 29 North
Athens, GA 30601-1500
Fax Applications: 706-369-5872