Bridge to Success
Bridge to Success is an out-of-school youth program for individuals ages 16-24. The mission of the program is to link students to career opportunities with local employers. Bridge to Success fulfills this mission through career training and direct job placement. The project is funded by the Northeast Georgia Regional Commission (NEGRC).
- Ages 16-24 with or without a high school diploma
- Not currently employed in full-time work
- Not currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution
- 2 to 3 semester training programs in:
Air Conditioning Technology Automotive Collision Repair Automotive Technology Certified Nursing Assistant Commercial Truck Driving Diesel Engine Technology Healthcare Access Representative Precision Machining and Manufacturing ManufactuReady Manufacturing Operations Specialist Welding Technology
- Students will receive a TCC (Technical Certificate of Completion) at the end of the coursework
- Upon TCC completion, students will be placed in four week paid internships for “on-the-job” training. Some students will find employment immediately.
Additional Support Offered
- Students will complete a two week GA Best Work Skills Certification to enhance employability
- Ongoing employability and work readiness coursework
- GED students will be offered both classroom instruction and online curriculum
- One-on-one tutoring and academic support for career training classes
- Academic and career advisement and counseling
- 12 months of follow up services after receiving TCC, including job placement assistance, enrollment in post-secondary, or any other career assistance for the duration