ANGEL Home Page Components
The following figure shows a typical ANGEL Home page, with the following options:
1. Courses. All your courses in which you are enrolled will be listed here. You will not see your course(s) listed until your instructor or your institution has made it available for you to access. Click the course name to enter that course.
2. Community Groups. A community group can be a club or student organization that has an ANGEL presence. You will see any groups in which you are a member listed here. Click the group name to enter that group.
3. Course Mail. Allows you to compose or read email messages.
4. Today's Calendar. Displays all events for that day that have been added to any of the calendars within your courses and/or groups.
5. Toolbox. Allows you to add personal bookmarks, upload files, and add events to a personal calendar.
6. My Announcements. Current announcements from your courses and/or groups will be displayed. The course or group from which the announcement originated will be displayed underneath the announcement.
7. Public Announcement. Any current public announcement will display.
8. Public Information. Any current public events or other information will display.
9. Identity bubble. Your name appears here; clicking the arrow at the end of the label will display a drop-down link to all your open courses and groups. This label also appears inside all your courses and groups so that you can navigate to another course or group without returning to your ANGEL Home page.
10. Edit Page. Allows you to add or delete components to your ANGEL Home page, as well as move present components to different columns.
On the left side of the page is a row of vertical buttons called a Power Strip. These buttons will be available to you wherever you are in ANGEL.
1. Home. This is the Home button that will bring you back to your ANGEL Home page.
2. Help. The Help button opens an online Help manual as well as links to other manuals that can be downloaded and printed.
3. Log off. The Log off button will close your ANGEL session. Always click on the Log off button when you are done with your ANGEL session.
4. Personal Preferences. The Preferences button allows you to add any personal information that you want to make available to other ANGEL users, as well as define some system settings, change your password, and change your ANGEL theme.
5. Accessibility. The 508 link allows you to define profiles for accessibility purposes or upload an Accessibility for Learner Information Profile (ACCLIP) file. For example, you could optimize your ANGEL environment for use with a screen reader or define color avoidance preferences.
6. PDA. The Personal Digital Assistant link allows you to activate the PDA display settings.
The Courses section of your personal home page gives you access to all the courses for which you are enrolled, either as a student or instructor. To access a course, simply click on the course's name; information about the selected course appears on a new page. Please remember that you will not see your courses listed until the first day of classes.
Navigation Tabs/Bread Crumbs
When you access a course, a set of navigation tabs appears across the top of the ANGEL window. Click a tab to view a page containing one or more specific types of information about the course. Your instructor will explain how they use ANGEL and which features they expect you to use in their course. The Student Quickstart Guide is a helpful tool to review before classes begin. As you navigate through the tabs, the Bread Crumb frame updates to show your current location within the course-related information.
The following tabs are available (please note your course could be slightly different depending on what the instructor chooses to offer):
- The Course tab is the "dashboard" into your course. The tools on this tab let you see your level of participation in the course, check your grades, view discussions and announcements, and perform other basic tasks related to the course.
- The Calendar tab displays events that have been assigned or Milestones within the course (such as exams or assignment due dates).
- The Lessons tab provides access to all the lessons and content that have been created and posted for the course.
- The Resources tab provides a set of helpful resources made available by the course's instructor. These items may include a syllabus, links to Web sites related to the course, institutional resources such as library records, a Web search tool, and others.
- The Communicate tab displays tools that let you communicate with others in the course via e-mail and discussion groups. The tab also provides a course roster and displays any course related news, events, or announcements.
- The Report tab's tools enable you to generate and save various types of reports related to the course, such as reports on your grades or course milestone achievement.
|Drag the labels from the bottom to the correct slots.|