The Athens Technical College Student Advisory Council (ATSAC) is a group of students elected to represent the entire student body to the administration and other entities. The purpose of ATSAC is to:
1. provide the student body with a formal vehicle for communication with the administration, faculty, and staff of Athens Technical College;
2. provide student representatives with the opportunity to serve in leadership roles;
3. encourage student involvement in institutional and community improvement projects.
The functions of ATSAC are:
1. facilitation of effective communication between the student body and Athens Technical College administration, faculty, and staff;
2. participation in approved institutional improvement projects;
3. assistance with selected ceremonies and activities sponsored by Athens Technical College;
4. representation of the student body in certain public relations activities and recruitment of new students;
5. representation of Athens Technical College in selected and approved community projects;
6. approving expenditures of student activities funds;
7. approving budget requests from student organizations.
ATSAC membership is made up of a slate of officers, elected yearly, as well as two appointed or elected representatives from each academic program of the College. Meetings of the body are held monthly and are open to the entire study body. Voting, however, is a function of the official ATSAC membership.
As outlined above, one of the primary functions of ATSAC is the management of student activities funds, generated by the assessment of the student activities fee each term. Student organizations are eligible for these funds, as outlined in the Student Organization Handbook. Other requests for funding can be made by contacting the Office of Student Activities and completing the "Special ATSAC Funding Request" form and following the procedures outlined within that document.
Athens Technical College is committed to creating an accessible online environment for all visitors to this web site.
If you have any questions, concerns, or accessibility problems, please contact Keli Fewox, email@example.com.
Our web site follows industry standard techniques and best practices to provide the highest level of web site accessibility for our users. These include:
In addition, we have implemented a Hotkey system for keyboard access. Hotkeys for this site are as follows: