What are minimesters?
In addition to fall and spring terms, Athens Technical College offers courses in accelerated minimesters. There are two minimesters during each semester. Each are 71/2 weeks in duration. Courses cover the same content and provide the same credit hours in an accelerated format.
(15 Weeks Long)
(7.5 Weeks Long)SECOND Minimester
(7.5 Weeks Long)
How do I register for the minimesters?
The FIRST minimester always begins on the same day the semester begins. To register for the FIRST minimester, students may register online through Banner Web or visit Registration and Records to complete an add/drop form. Students may not register for the FIRST minimester once add/drop ends.
The SECOND minimester begins after the first 71/2 weeks of the semester have been completed. To register for the SECOND minimester, students may register online through Banner Web or visit Registration and Records to complete and add/drop form during registration. Since classes for the SECOND minimester begin halfway through the semester, students may continue to register for the SECOND minimester once the semester begins. However, once the first three days of the semester have ended, students must come in person to Registration and Records and complete an add/drop form.
What are the benefits of taking minimester classes?
Minimester course allow you to:
- Still take classes this semester! After the first three days of the semester have ended, you can still register for the SECOND minimester.
- Enable you to concentrate on one subject for 71/2 weeks.
- Earn the same number of credit hours. Remember, minimester classes are not easier than semester long courses because the same content is covered.
Am I eligible for minimester classes?
Anyone is eligible, but it is fast-paced. If you are a student who tends to struggle in classes, you may not want to take minimester courses. We recommend that you speak with your advisor for additional guidance.
What classes are being offered for the minimester?
You can find minimester course offerings the same way you look up semester classes.
- Login to Banner Web
- Click Student Services & Financial Aid
- Click Registration
- Click Look-up Classes to Add
- Select the term
- Click Advanced Search
- Find the Part of Term box
- For classes being offered during the FIRST minimester, select First Session
- For classes offered during the SECOND minimester, scroll down and select Second Session
Please click here for important minimester dates.