E-Learning @ ATC >> Software/Hardware Requirements
Students who take online courses need reasonable computer competence and good study, Internet, and reading comprehension skills to be successful. Online courses also require a minimum time commitment of 10-15 hours each week of the semester. Skills specific to individual courses may also be required; for example, proficiency with a word processing package may be needed for an online English course.
There are specific computer software, Internet browser and hardware requirements associated with E-Learning @ ATC.
- Windows operating system (7, Vista, XP, 2000)*
- Daily access to a computer (preferably at home)
- Internet service provider
- Email account (must check regularly) - All ATC students have been assigned student.athenstech.edu email accounts. Click here to find out more information and to obtain your account. Students must use their ATC email account for online courses.
- Word processing software (most courses use Microsoft Word) - contact your instructor
NOTE: Some courses require specific software that is not required by all courses. You are responsible for obtaining and installing any supplemental software required for your course. Contact the instructor for specific requirements.
The ANGEL learning platform works with the following browsers.
You must use either Internet Explorer 7 (or higher) or Firefox 3 (or higher).
- 1. Cannot post to discussion forum
- 2. Cannot send course mail
- 3. For instructors only: cannot rearrange content on the Lessons tab
- 1. Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools on the menu bar (is you do not see tools, press the ALT key).
- 2. Scroll down and select Compatibility View
- 3. Click Close
- 4. Now open ANGEL, all features should work correctly
- 5. More detailed instructions can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956197#2
THE FOLLOWING IS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT INTERNET EXPLORER 8 AND 9 INVOLVING ANGEL.
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 or 9, please note that ANGEL and I.E. 8 and 9 have some compatibility issues.
You may experience one or more of the following issues:
There is a quick, simple fix! Change the settings in I.E. 8 or 9 to compatibility mode to make all the features in ANGEL work.
Following are the steps to make the change:
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Your instructor will advise you of the necessary media software needed for your course. Download necessary media by clicking on the links below.
- RealPlayer G2
- Macromedia Authorware Web Player
- Macromedia Flash Player
- Windows Media Player
- MacroMedia ShockWave Player
- Apple QuickTime Player
- Pentium/AMD/Athlon processor 1.0Ghz or higher
- 512 MB RAM - 1 Gig preferred
- 100 MB of free disk space (to install a browser if necessary, plus additional space for other programs if applicable)
- DSL modem, Cable modem, or 56K modem
- Printer (laser or inkjet)
- CD-ROM (required for some courses)