Students completing secondary programs of study approved by the U.S. Department of Education or a recognized accreditation agency accepted by the Technical College System of Georgia may gain consideration for admission to Athens Technical College. Programs not approved by the US Department of Education must obtain a GED.
All home school student must submit the following:
- Submit a letter from the local superintendent's office verifying that the parent or legal guardian notified the superintendent of the intent to home school their child;
- Documentation verifying that the parent or legal guardian submitted the required attendance reports to the local superintendent's office on a monthly basis as required by O.C.G.A. §20-2-690.;
- Annual progress reports or final transcripts from the applicant's junior and senior years (final progress report should include the applicant's graduation date);
- Appropriate placement test scores required of applicants' programs of study (test scores must be less than five years old on the early application deadline date for the semester in which applicants seek admission to the college (see Early Application Deadlines); and
- Completed admission application documentation required for dual enrolled students.
Home School admission provides home school students the opportunity to take courses at public or private postsecondary institutions in Georgia while they are still enrolled at their home schools. They receive dual credit both at the postsecondary institutions and home school when they successfully complete coursework. Home school students wanting to enroll at Athens Technical College must be at least 16 years old, have a minimum high school grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, and submit the necessary documentation for admission.
Home School applicants must gain regular admission status to enroll at the college. Home school students whose test scores place them in learning support coursework are not eligible to enroll at the college. Home School students must complete the New Student Orientation and Registration prior to registering for the first semester at the college.
For information about how to enroll as a Home School student, please contact the High School Coordinator and/or go to Home School link on our website: