Frequently Asked Question's
- What services does Career Services provide to students?
The Career Services Office offers workshops on topics such as career exploration, resume development, cover letter writing, and polishing interview skills. Additionally, staff members in our office are committed to helping Athens Tech students find a career that fits their needs and interests. We offer resources for students to explore their interests and make educated decisions about their futures.
- What are the hours of the Career Services Office?
The Career Services Office is open from 8am-5pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-4pm on Friday.
- How can I make an appointment with a counselor?
You can schedule an appointment with a counselor by calling us at 706.355.5006 or emailing us at email@example.com.
- Where can I take an interest assessment to help me make a decision about my major or my career?
Interest assessments can help you make decisions about potential majors or career paths that might be a good fit for you. The Georgia Career Information Center (GCIC) offers a number of assessments that you can use. Just visit http://www.gcic.peachnet.edu/ to find these tools! We also recommend you speak with a career counselor about the results of your assessment.
- Do I need to sign up for workshops in advance?
No, you do not need to sign up for workshops in advance. Students may elect to RSVP for a Career Services Seminar by calling us at 706.355.5006 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I request assistance with my resume even if I am unable to attend a Resume Writing Seminar?
Yes, a staff member would be happy to assist students with creating a resume. In order to provide quality feedback, we respectfully ask that you allow a minimum of three to five days for each resume revision.
- Will a Career Services representative speak with my organization or club?
Yes, a staff member would be happy to speak with your organization or club about our services! Get in touch with us to learn more!