Office of Veteran's Services
To assist Veterans, ATC would like to introduce you to Stephony Lewis. Mr. Lewis is here to assist all veterans in all areas of the advisement process. His goal is to ensure that our veterans have access to accurate information and assistance in selecting your program of study, as well as selecting the appropriate courses each semester. ATC offers preferential registration to all veterans each semester. For more information, Mr. Lewis can be reached at:
Veteran Achievement Coach Coordinator
Athens Campus, K-614D
The Academic Advising Center is part of the Office of Registration & Records and is responsible for assisting students in various aspects of program, career, and course selection. Academic Advisors work with students to determine the best educational plan on an individual basis. Typically, students' academic advisors are a part of the faculty from their programs of study. The College also offers special academic advising services from a staff of four academic advisors in the Academic Advising Center. These advisors assist students with/by:
- Advising students who are attempting to gain entry into competitive health programs. (see Programs of Study)
- Deciding on an initial program of study as they enter the College or determine a new program of study for students who are unsure of their career path. (see Pick a Major)
- Understanding program or course requirements. (see ATC College Catalog)
- Providing registration overrides in the Banner system, when appropriate, for students having difficulty registering for courses. (see BannerWeb Help)
- Calculating students' current or potential grade point average (see GPA Calculation)
- Making decisions about the possibility of transferring to other institutions of higher education
For more information, visit the Academic Advising Homepage.
Advisement is offered on all campuses, each semester.