Access the Financial Aid Office Web page on the Current Students menu on the Athens Technical College homepage. There you will find very helpful information, including copies of forms, guidelines for veterans, and answers to frequently asked financial aid questions.
There are three common types of financial aid:
- Pell Grant is a federal need-based grant that does not have to be repaid. Any remaining funds that a student is eligible for will be disbursed to the student between the fourth and sixth week of the academic term.
- Hope Scholarship is state aid awarded to Georgia residents in an associate degree program who are academically HOPE scholarship eligible. This aid covers a portion of tuition.
- Hope Grant is state aid awarded to Georgia residents in a diploma or certificate program. This aid covers a portion of tuition.
- Zell Mill Grant is state aid awarded to Georgia residents in diploma and certificate programs who are academically eligible. This aid covers all tuition
- Zell Miller Scholarship is state aid awarded to Georgia residents in an associate degree program who are academically Zell Miller scholarship eligible. This aid covers all tuition.
Athens Technical College does NOT participate in ANY federal loan programs.
Applying for Financial Aid
All applicants should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). It is recommended that students file their FAFSA at least four to six weeks prior to the date the funds will be needed. The application is available online at www.FAFSA.ed.gov. Your FAFSA must be renewed each year by July first.
Please view these five slides to be reminded of some very important facts about your financial aid this term.