Financial Aid Checklist
- You MUST be enrolled and attending classes in order to receive financial aid.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or renew your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov 4 to 6 weeks before your anticipated registration date.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy once received from the U.S. Department of Education. Make any necessary changes and return to the Central Processing System (CPS). If you make corrections to income, assets, or household size you may need to submit additional documentation to the Financial Aid Office.
- Respond to any request for Verification of information as soon as possible. Remember, you are responsible for checking your financial aid status regularly online via your BannerWeb account. In addition, you can check your award status to ensure your application is complete on BannerWeb.
- Be sure that your name on your FAFSA matches the name on your Social Security Card and that both are listed clearly and correctly on all documents.
- If you have a scholarship or voucher to pay for your classes, please contact the Financial Aid Office directly to find out what is required for your particular situation.
- Authorize Pell online via your BannerWeb account to pay any extra charges.
- If you're a recent HOPE Scholar, or transferring into ATC as a HOPE recipient, complete and return a HOPE Evaluation form.
- Keep your address and phone number current with the Admissions Office.
- Ensure that you have been accepted into an eligible program of study (major) to receive financial aid.
- Please provide Financial Aid with a copy of your permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen).
- Always check your Athens Tech email account for financial aid updates and emails.