Financial Aid

Applying for Financial Aid

All students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after January 1 of each year. The application is available on-line at The FAFSA is a FREE application.

    Documents Needed to Apply
  • Your Social Security number
  • Your parents' Social Security numbers if you are a dependent student.
  • Your driver's license number if you have one
  • Your alien registration number if you are not a U.S. citizen
  • Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married), and for your parents if you are a dependent student.
  • Records of any untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans' non-education benefits, for you and for your parents if you are a dependent student.
  • Information on cash; savings and checking accounts; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate (do not include the home in which you live) and for your parents if you are a dependent student.

You will also need a Federal Student Aid PIN, a personal identification number that allows you to sign your FAFSA electronically. Your parents will also need a PIN if you are a dependent student. Apply for a PIN here - PIN Web Site.

To learn about what to expect after you fill out and submit the FAFSA, check here - What Happens Next.

Students who wish to apply for the HOPE programs may complete the HOPE Scholarship application (GSFAPPS). Please note that the GSFAPPS is for HOPE only and is not an application for the federal aid such as Pell Grant.

Please check the Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines.