- A student must be a United States citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- A student must be enrolled in an eligible program.
- A student must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) based on Athens Tech SAP Policy. See catalog for details.
- A student (if male) must be registered with the Selective Service.
- A student must not be in default on a federal Title IV or State of Georgia educational loan, nor owe a refund on a federal Title IV or State of Georgia student financial aid program, nor in any other way be in violation of federal or state financial aid program regulations.
- A student convicted for committing certain felony offenses involving marijuana, controlled substances, or dangerous drugs, is ineligible for HOPE from the date of conviction to the completion of the following school term.
- A student must not already have a four-year degree.
- A student is not eligible if incarcerated in a federal or state penal institution.
Federal grants are awarded to students with financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). These grants include:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Federal Work Study
- Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants
Check here for the Application Process.