|Email System Message Center|
|Check here periodically for important alerts or information.|
Student Pricing on Microsoft Software
Student pricing is available on selected Microsoft product here Microsoft Store
Comments? Suggestions? Please take our survey.1. What is my e-mail address?
2. How was my e-mail address determined?
3. What is my login for my E-mail, Skydrive, and instant messenger accounts?
4. What is my password?
5. How do I access my e-mail account for the first time?
6. Is it important to log off when finished using my e-mail?
7. What do I do if I have lost or forgotten my password?
8. How do I change my e-mail / messenger / skydrive password?
9. Why do I have an Athens Tech e-mail account? What is it for? What can I use it for?
10. I'm logged into my e-mail account but I don't know what to do. I don't know how to send or read e-mail How do I attach a file?
11. What other services are available in the e-mail system?
12. Does my e-mail account and password give me access to hotmail?
13. Is help available?
14. What is Skydrive?
15. When are e-mail accounts created for new students?
16. How do I setup my student email on my iPhone/Android phone?
- What is my e-mail address?
Answer: Your student email address is composed of your first name, last name, and the last three digits of your student ID number, Example: email@example.com
- How was my email address determined?
Answer: Your email address is composed of your first name, your last name, and the last 3 digits of your student ID number followed by @student.athenstech.edu. For example, John Smith with student ID number 999999045 would be assigned the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email addresses may not contain spaces or special characters. Characters such as a space, " ' " and "-" have been removed.
- What is my login for my Email, Skydrive, and instant messenger accounts?
Answer: You will use your complete email address as your login for your email, Skydrive, and instant messenger accounts. For example: email@example.com
- What is my password?
Answer: Your password will be randomly generated after your admissions file has been processed. Your initial password will be valid for 30 days after it is generated. CLICK HERE to retreive your password. If you are unable to retrieve your password, or need to have your password re-set, CLICK HERE .
- How do I access my email account for the first time?
Answer: You access your e-mail through Office 365 . The first time you access your email account the system will require you to verify your initial password, and then ask you to change your password You will also be asked to indicate your desired language (select English) and time zone (select Eastern). If you forget your password, CLICK HERE to have your password reset.
- Is it important to log off when finished using my email?
Answer: It is extremely important to log out of your email account when finished. In your email account, you will see a “Log Off” option in the upper right of the screen. Failure to log out of your account allows any person who uses that computer to access your email. It is also good practice to close the web browser once you have logged out.
- What do I do if I have lost or forgotten my password?
Answer: If you are unable to retrieve your password, or need to have your password re-set, CLICK HERE .
- How do I change my email / messenger / skydrive password?
Answer:To help protect your personal information, change your password regularly. To change your password, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Account Services.
- On the left side of the screen choose account summary.
- In the middle of the screen, under Password reset information, password, select Change OR
- On the right of the screen, under common tasks, select change your password
- Enter your current password, then your new password twice.
- Click Save.
- Why do I have an Athens Tech email account? What is it for? What can I use it for?
Answer: Athens Tech email accounts are a free service for all registered students. The email accounts are for communication between students and faculty/staff. Students must use their Athens Tech accounts for all school-related communications including online classes. Your email account and password also provide access to other Microsoft services including MSN instant messenger and Skydrive. Please note that email can not be used to transmit confidential student information, even with the student's consent which means that grades, credit card numbers, social security numbers, transcripts, tax records, financial aid records, etc can not be transmitted by email. Students should also review the acceptable internet and computer use policies in the ATC catalog. Students should never share or transmit copyrighted material using their account(s) including but not limited to photographs, music and files.
- I'm logged into my email account but I don't know what to do. I don't know how to send or read email. How do I attach a file?
Answer: Once you log into the email system, you can access extensive online help by clicking question mark button in the upper right of the screen. From the dropdown menu that shows, click Help.
- What other services are available in the email system?
Answer:Once logged into your email account, you have access to your own personal planning calendar, contacts, notes and tasks.
- Does my email account and password give me access to hotmail?
Answer: No. The Athens Tech email system is running Microsoft Exchange, a business email system.
- Is help available?
Answer: Athens Tech student email support is available. Student Email support
- What is Skydrive?
Answer: Skydrive is an online personal storage space for files and documents. Files can be shared and made public to others over the internet. Copyrighted material should never be uploaded or shared.***As of 9/10/2013: Microsoft has migrated their student email systems from Live@Edu tp 365. Unfortunately, as part of this migration, SkyDrive is no longer a part of the offering. Students are encouraged to sign up, on their own, for other free file services such as DropBox (select the free option).
- When are email accounts created for new students?
Answer: Email accounts are created as new students are admitted and accepted to the college.
- How do I setup my student email on my iPhone/Android phone?
Answer: Click here for a guide on how to set up your email on the iPhone/Android.
The above systems are provided "as is" without any warranties or guarantees that they will be uninterrupted by Microsoft or Athens Technical College. By using the systems described above the student agrees to abide by the code of conduct and rules/regulations specified in the Athens Technical College catalog and assumes all risks associated with the use of such systems. Athens Technical College reserves the right to terminate any and all services/systems/agreements at any time and is not responsible for any student materials (emails, files, documents) stored on those systems.
(back to top)
(back to top)
(back to top)